- Prior to November 1st in any calendar year, fees will be quoted on an individual basis depending on the extent of services being requested. Ask about $75 “Early-Bird” Special for DeAnza students who have attended one of my workshops.
- After November 1st, minimum fee, for basic UC or Common App. essay review only, is $0.10 x word limit/answer or essay.
- From November 15 – December 31, fees start at $150 with very limited availability.
Shorter essays, or essays already in relatively good shape which require less time will be priced accordingly.
The above essay review rates include reduction of up to 10 words per 350 word essay/question if necessary. Reduction of an excess between 11-100 words will be charged an additional fee of .25/word . Fees for reduction of over 100 words, will be quoted on an individual basis.
If at all possible, I will provide you with suggestions for reducing more than the required number of words so that you can select which ones to omit or retain according to your own preference.
Application Essay/Personal Statement Workshops:
For small groups of up to five students (high school or college level) I offer a one-hour in-depth presentation about effective personal statement essay writing, with special emphasis on how essays, once received, are reviewed by actual college and university Admissions Committee readers. Topics covered include the preparation process, utilizing advisory resources effectively, the writing process itself, effective editing, and one extremely important thing to do while you wait nervously for the results. After the presentation, ample time is provided for questions and answers.
- One hour workshop for 1-5 students: $125
- Each additional student in attendance: $25
- Basic Copy Editing: 1.5 cents per word
- Comprehensive Editing: 2.0 cents per word
- $35 minimum
Please feel free to inquire about possible seasonal or situational discounts on any service.